As parents with Little Ones (birth through age 4- expectant parents are also welcome!), we know that you’ve got your hands full. From big emotions (yours and theirs), perhaps not sleeping well, hitting, biting, strong food preferences that change suddenly and radically, to moments when they just flip out, it’s enough to make anyone tired.
And then there’s all the unhelpful and often conflicting advice. “Ignore their tantrums.” “Just tell them you’re going to leave them when they don’t follow you.” “Turn the locks around on their bedroom door so they don’t leave their room at night!*
*Actual advice from a Pediatrician to one of my parents about her 3 year-old!
You want your kid to be a human you and others can tolerate, but you’re tired. You don’t want to mess up your kid, but you don’t have time to read a bunch of (probably conflicting) parenting books that may or may not apply to your kid. And you don’t want any advice that seems cruel or inhumane.
Maybe you’re practicing attachment parenting and you’re not sure how it applies when they start saying no or throwing themselves on the floor in a tantrum. Or they won’t go to sleep. Or they won’t stay asleep. Maybe you’re still nursing or co-sleeping and you really don’t want to talk to someone who doesn’t get that. Or maybe co-sleeping or nursing didn’t work for you and you don’t want to talk to anyone who gives you a hard time about your parenting story.
Maybe you just want to raise your child differently than you were raised so that it feels good for everyone, but you’re not sure how to do that.
And, by the way, you might be trying to figure out how you can move somewhere you can walk everywhere so you don’t have to put your little one in the car ever again.
This is where Consciously Parenting classes come in.
Here are some of the best parts about these classes:
I put these classes together because parents were asking me for them. Like you, they want help with behaviors like hitting, biting, and sleep problems. They want their kids to be ready for academics and need some support around technology. I started by creating classes for parents with teens and tweens and parents of Little Ones didn’t want to wait another 10 years for some help, so I created these classes. They’re here for YOU.
- The classes are all virtual. You can do them from home (or the comfort of your car or bathroom if you need some privacy and time alone), so there’s no trying to get your baby, toddler, or preschooler into the car to go somewhere so you can get some support.
- The classes are small, so you have time to ask YOUR questions and get support about YOUR family and YOUR child, not some hypothetical situation in a book. Classes are limited to 8 families. There’s also a private off-Facebook forum for discussions between classes. It’s available 24/7 to fit your schedule.
- You’ll learn about what’s going on inside their head (it’s probably not what you think!) so you can learn how to stay connected and be responsive, so they can grow into a well-regulated person with good social skills. Enough said.
- What’s different about these classes is that they’re all based on the relationship and keeping that connection strong as your kids grow. Let me tell you from personal experience that one day, these kids will be as big or bigger than you. When you focus on the relationship and focus on helping them to grow the best brain they can, it will make parenting much easier when they’re older. Trust me here. I can help you do that.
- All the information shared in the class is based on the latest research in neuroscience, attachment, sociology, epigenetics, sleep research, birth psychology, Pre- and Perinatal psychology and others AND based on keeping your relationship connected. We’ve read the research so you don’t have to (unless you want and then we’ll share where to read more).
- We’ll be talking about the stories of our families and how we got to where we are now (beginning with conception) along with everyday application of the ideas to your family. There will be instructional time in each class where you’ll learn the core concepts, followed by time to discuss the ideas and practical applications. You’ll have time to talk to other parents both during the course and between sessions in our private off-Facebook forums.
- The best part is our “pay-what-you-can” format. You can choose the amount from the options below that you can afford to pay for the course. I want to make the course affordable for those who need the support. Since class sizes are limited, please do pay as much as you can so that I can continue to offer the option. Please invite friends you know who are interested in supporting their Little Ones in a connected way. Classes like this are way more fun with friends!
- Classes are held on Zoom, which is a video platform, so you’ll be able to see the other participants. You can turn off your video if you need and you can also mute yourself because I understand that life with Little Ones can be, well, unpredictable.
Classes will be the first Wednesday of the month: March 1, April 5, May 3 and June 7.
You can join the time that works best for you: 11am, 6pm or 8pm (all times eastern)
Classes are slated for 1 hour. You’re welcome to stay longer to ask questions, but I understand the attention span of this age-group, so the class itself will be 60 minutes long (and recorded). Then I’ll hang out for up to another 30 minutes to make sure your questions are answered!
Just click the button for the price you can afford to pay. Thanks for paying as much as you can. I totally respect that some families are really struggling financially and that’s why I am doing it this way. These classes help to support my family, so please pay what you can! Thank you!
Consciously Parenting Little Ones, Wednesdays starting March 1st!
Each support class will have time devoted to learning some core concepts about the topic of the day and then time to discuss how the information applies to YOUR family, to ask questions and get support. There will also be an off-Facebook private forum area to have conversations and ask questions between classes.
March 1: Class 1
- Course overview
- Introductions of each family and biggest concerns
- Introduction to baby, toddler and pre-schooler brains 101 and behavior
- Know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run (Brain Stoplight Tool)
- Elements of a Healthy Relationship in the early years; the critical importance of connection without perfection
- Regulating physiology- sleep, movement (sensory issues) and good healthy food
April 5: Class 2
Understanding Your Story and Your Child’s Story from the beginning- conception, pregnancy, birth, and early post-partum. Identify the story, imprints and patterns for you and them. Understand the impact of other big life experiences on their behavior and story- divorce, separation, moving, stressed out parents, death or other loss, etc.
Creating repair in the big story when it’s needed- how to do it
How these patterns show up in sleep challenges, tantrums, bedtime transitions, and sibling relationships and what to do about it!
May 3: Class 3
Whining. Hitting. Biting. No! What are we supposed to do?!
What are they communicating?? How the story shows up in everyday interactions. Creating space for the story. Creating space for nurturing the relationship. Understanding your own story and how it is showing up as a parent. Taking care of yourself so you can take care of them!
More on sleep and regulating your own physiology
June 7: Class 4
Technology and the developing brain, addiction cycles and knowing your kid
Readiness for Academic Learning, Educational choices
Every day disconnections and repair- when things don’t go well for you or them
Any other questions you’d like to ask, clarify, or get more support around!
Do You Have Any Questions?
If yours is not below, please e-mail email@example.com.
How much is this going to cost?
COST was the number one concern that was brought up on the surveys. Instead of a one-size-fits-all price, I’m going to do a “pay what you can.” My goal is to support families. Yes, I need to eat, too, so please choose the most you can afford. I’m literally supporting my family with this money.
Is there a charge for my partner to join the class, too?
No. It’s so important that partners have as many opportunities as possible to be on the same page. That’s super important to me. So partners are welcome to listen in and ask questions on the call.
I have a group of friends and we’d like to schedule our own class. Can we do that?
YES! I love working with groups when everyone is in one location so you can really support each other. Just email me and we’ll set something up!
Will there be research shared? I like the idea of sharing with other parents, but I want to make sure I actually learn something from the course!
Yes, I will be sharing research in each class. There will be a good balance of information shared and discussion.
When do I need to sign up?
Please sign up and reserve your spot as soon as possible. I’m limiting each class to 8 families so that everyone will have a chance to ask questions and get individualized support.
Can I invite a friend?
Yes, please do! Just do it sooner rather than later as spots are limited. It’s way more fun to take these courses with friends.
Will we be able to interact with the other parents taking the class?
Yes. You’ll have both an opportunity to hear from other parents and share with other parents both on the call and in a private forum (off of FaceBook). I think that’s one of the most important parts of classes like these- to meet other people who are on a similar journey!
Would there be assignments/agenda/class notes/minutes provided after?
There may be some suggested homework to apply the information between classes, but it is optional. You will receive class notes and handouts on each topic for your own review. I understand that you’re not always able to take notes or give your full attention to the class, which is also why the classes are recorded so you can review them again on your own time.
Will the class be relevant to my personal situation? Will I get answers to MY questions about my family?
Yes! This is why I’m keeping class sizes small. It’s so important that you leave with answers to the questions you came with, whether that happens during the class, on the forums, or in a quick one-on-one conversation.
Just click the button for the price you can afford to pay to register. Thanks for paying as much as you can. I totally respect that some families are really struggling financially and that’s why I am doing this. These classes help to support my family, so please pay what you can! Thank you!
Consciously Parenting Little Ones
Wednesdays starting March 1st